Junior JAVA / JS2E Development Engineer
NeoXam is a growing financial software company and is hiring! Become part of the NeoXam adventure.
NeoXam provides Asset Management and Capital Markets firms with cost-efficient, proven and mission-critical solutions. NeoXam covers the complete investment management value-chain, from central data management to front-office and back-office software. To address the multiple challenges faced by the financial industry (banking / finance / insurance), NeoXam created the Best of Hybrid model.
With over 400 employees worldwide and with a start-up dynamic, NeoXam serves over 150 customers from 25 countries and provides full coverage of local requirements in 15+ countries. More than $10 trillion worth of assets are processed daily through its solutions by more than 10,000 users. NeoXam is headquartered in France with offices in Europe, USA, Asia, the Middle East and Africa.
As an expanding and vibrant mid-sized company, NeoXam believes in long-term strategic relationships for the mutual benefit of the company, its employees and partners/clients.
Our commitment towards excellence, strong expertise as well as our future-oriented and global perspective drive us to be proactive and at the forefront of new and cutting-edge technologies.
Join us to discover the synergies between our teams, job roles and products, and take part in a strong and ambitious company project, which is made possible by our employees and their entrepreneurial, agile and multi-cultural team spirit.
NeoXam DataHub (SmartCo), a fast-growing and leading software developer in Data, Fund and Risk management aimed at the banking and finance sector, is seeking an Engineer and R&D Junior to support its strong growth and accelerate its development in both Europe and North America.
MISSION & MAIN ACTIVITIES
Reporting to the Head of R&D, your role will involve successfully completing a technological investment project from start to finish (from drafting the requirements specifications or statement of needs until deployment). You will participate in the design and analysis of solutions, applying project management methodologies, all under a quality assurance framework.Within this role, you will be in charge, with a high level of autonomy, tactical software evolutions (evolving maintenance) while being able to make suggestions for improvement.
You will work on very technical (large panel of java technologies) but also very functional subjects.
Over and above the main responsibility of designing and developing software architecture, you will also be responsible for:
- Participating in and contributing to product improvement
- Ensuring functional and level 3 technical support
Within this role, occasional short-term travel is likely.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Engineering School, Master’s degree or equivalent
- Young graduate with previous internship in Java J2SE development or 1-2 year experience in a similar role
- Experience in the field of Financial Markets or ideally Asset Management would be a plus
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- You imperatively have technical knowledge of JAVA technologies
- Object-oriented programming
- IHM SWING or SWT / RCP
- SQL: conception & requests
- SGBD: Oracle or Sybase or SqlServer
- OS: both Unix and Windows
- Good proficiency in English (written and spoken) and in French is imperative
- You are capable of analyzing, designing and developing software incorporating high operating constraints (robustness, performance, etc.)
- Motivated for technical challenges
- You are able to work in a team or autonomously according to the nature of the project
- Your rigor, determination, autonomy, drive, listening and communication skills will give you the means to be efficient and to grow rapidly within our organization
APPRECIATED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- APIs XML
- SOAP / REST Webservices
- Web Applications servers (Tomcat / JBoss / Webphere)
- Java Messaging
- HTML 5, AJAX, Angular, Node.js
- Knowledge or interest in financial markets (asset management companies, investment
banks, depositories, etc.) would be a plus
- Software optimization: Application tuning, profiling and monitoring